(1) It’s time to update to the new TI-Nspire™ Operating System (OS) and the version 3.2 Software. Get it now, along with other updates, at www.education.ti.com/latest. Get a free 90-day trial version of the Teacher software at http://education.ti.com/html/nspire/te.html. Also, TI-Nspire™ handhelds are accepted for use on many high stakes exams. Take a look at the TI Calculator Comparison Chart on http://education.ti.com/sites/US/downloads/pdf/cx-exam-acceptance.pdf.
(2) Need some content based TI-Nspire™ technology training? TI 3-day summer workshops are now available for registration at www.tinspire2012.com. There are workshops available in Grand Prairie, TX on July 24-26, 2012, and many other locations will be available across the nation during the summer months. TI is also hosting several “Virtual Summer Workshops”. For details, see http://www.baskow.com/client/tinspire2012/virtual.htm.
(3) Remember CAMT will be held in Houston, TX at the George R. Brown Convention Center on July 18-20, 2012. The program features almost 60 sessions that will use TI technology. Come get energized for the upcoming school year. Upgrade your handheld to version 3.2 at the TI booth and visit with your TI rep. See you there.
(4) There will also be a T³ - Teachers Teaching with Technology™ Regional Conference held in Houston, TX on January 18-19, 2013. For more details on this and other events featuring TI products, activities and resources, see www.education.ti.com/events.
(5) The TI-84 Plus has a new Operating System (2.55MP) that features fraction computations, MathPrint™, a Scrolling History, and Stat Wizards. Check it out at www.education.ti.com/84. Download the new OS at www.education.ti.com/calculators/downloads. Don’t forget to upgrade your TI-84 Plus SmartView™ software.
(6) Do you recommend that your students purchase a TI-Nspire CX handheld in your course syllabus or parent letter? You could get a TI-Nspire™ CX Navigator System at no charge, if just sixty (60) of your students purchase a TI-Nspire™ CX handheld. For more information contact the TI-CARES Call Center at 1-800-842-2737.
(7) How about some free training on your new TI-Nspire™ handheld? Just register for TI’s on-line webinars at www.education.ti.com/us/webinars. The sessions are provided at no cost, but you must register in advance. Previous sessions have been recorded and archived for your convenience.
(8) Redeemed your TI Technology Rewards Points recently? Remember, most TI products come with a rewards symbol or voucher. Go to www.education.ti.com/vpp for redemption information and to view the list of free equipment and software that is available. You also get credit for calculators that students purchase, too.
(9) Take a look at the new TI-Nspire™ online Resource Center for math educators - www.ti-mathnspired.com. New materials for middle school math have recently been added. Check out the new Science Nspired resources - www.ti-sciencenspired.com. Lessons are now ready for Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. New Middle Grades Science activities will be added soon – get a sneak peek at what’s posted already!!!
(10) Texas Instruments also has a wide variety of online tutorials and courses for all models of TI calculators including elementary, scientific, and graphing at www.education.ti.com/tutorials. TI’s on-line courses also make excellent tutorials and the courses are free. See www.education.ti.com/us/onlinecourses.
(11) TI has a wide variety of support programs including tools for parents, calculator care, TI in your state, guidebooks, special needs, and more. Information can be found at www.education.ti.com/support. Or need to talk with someone about a problem, deleting games, or need assistance upgrading your Operating System (OS)? Don’t wait - call the TI-CARES Call Center now at 1-800-TI-CARES (1-800-842-2737).
(12) Your TI Educational Technology Consultants for Texas are Patrick Fariss (ESC Regions 3-6,12,13) at firstname.lastname@example.org; Xavier Gonzalez (ESC Regions 1,2, 15,18-20) at email@example.com; and Robb Wilson (ESC Regions 7-11,14,16,17) at firstname.lastname@example.org. For other assistance, you can also contact Julie Barton, the Inside Sales Consultant (ISC) for Texas at email@example.com, or 972-690-2254, or toll free at 866-846-2844, Option 2.